Saturday, April 5, 2014

Interlocking Crochet by pcooper

Another process I have been working with is Interlocking Crochet.  The stitch patterns are in Interlocking Crochet by Tanis Galik.  The book has a lot of stitch patterns and some projects to use those stitches.  There are a few mistakes in the version I have, but the project directions seem to be accurate.  The process provides a dense complex fabric.  I have used the process with several different weights of yarn and thread and I love the results.

A small "spirit bag" using #10 cotton crochet thread.  Some of the stitches display different designs on opposite sides of the fabric.  You can see that above where the flap is open to show the alternate pattern.  The strap is a crocheted beaded strap with size 11 beads

Using #10 light and dark gold metallic crochet thread, again the designs are different on opposite sides of the fabric. 

The project in the book is similar but it uses nylon cording and the finished project is bigger.  These bags are about 3 inches square.  I still need to work on a strap for this one.


This is a cowl crocheted with a combination of dark brown lace weight mohair and camel colored alpaca.  I love the combination it is very light but very warm.  I wore it in NJ this March (we had some 20 degree days) and I was toasty.  This pattern has the same design on both sides.  I plan to do more projects with this technique and I am currently working on a drawstring bag done "in the round" with this technique.  No directions, I am making this up as I go along.  I will post it when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment